September is busy and we are in need of a super simple meal plan. Below you will find our September Monthly Meal Plan for our family of 4. Monthly meal planning is one of the most important habits I have to make my busy life a little easier.
What about Breakfast and Lunch?
I don’t plan our breakfasts and lunches. Our children are 12 and 14 and are pretty independent with these meals. I just make sure we have basic supplies on hand so they can help themselves. In the summer I need to really keep some extra food on hand, especially for the 12-year-old; he is growing so fast and eats 5 meals a day!
We like to keep breakfast basics on hand like, eggs, toast, pancake mix, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, and berries.
Hot breakfast meals I like to make occasionally:
Lunch basics we keep on hand:
During the school year, the kids eat at school and I use ideas from my School Lunch Idea List HERE.
I do keep some basic lunch items on hand like lunchmeat, cheeses, bread or wraps, chicken salad, tuna salad, hardboiled eggs, soups, and frozen pizzas.
September Meal Plan
- Spring Rolls (Chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, sprouts, and asian vermicelli noodles.)
- Chicken Sausage with PPierogies
- Black bean Burgers, Salad and coleslaw
- Quiona Minestrone with Cornbread
- Chili with baked potatoes
- BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, french fries, raw veggies and dip
- Taco Salad
- Thai Red Curry with Chicken, recipe from AverieCooks.com – with rice and broccoli
- Hello Fresh Meals: – Click HERE to get 14 Meal FREE! We got our first box of 2 meals for 4 for just $35!
- One Pan Cajun Pork Sausage Skillet
- Lemon Za’atar Chicken with Turmeric Quiona and hot honey carrots- This was insanely delicious!!
- Honey Chicken with rice
- Zucchini Casserole with Smoked Sausage
- Chicken Lo Mein – We love noodles and I recently fell in love with this easy recipe.
- Turkey Burgers with Potato Salad, fresh veggies and hummus
- Roasted Veggie wraps (Roasted butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and onions)
- Meatloaf with roasted potatoes and mixed veggies
- Soft shrimp tacos
- Rice Bowls with veggies
- Lasagne and Salad
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders – Perfect for school nights- they are always a hit. We usually serve them with cut veggies and hummus and chips.
- Pizza takeout – The kids have free pizzas from our summer reading program that they can cash in on!
- Shrimp tacos – looking for more taco recipes see my Taco Tuesday Recipes post
- Spaghetti with broccoli and garlic bread
- Eggroll in a Bowl – we have this every.single.month! We all love it!
- Honey Glazed Chicken – Recipe from Simply Rebekah.
- Breakfast for dinner – French Toast, Sausages and Eggs.
- Baked Potato Bar – topped with beans, salsa, veggies and cheese.
- My Birthday Dinner Out
- Family Dinner with grandparents