This delicious and hearty garden vegetable soup is full of healthy veggies and quinoa! This soup is sure to warm you up and make the whole family happy.
Colder days call for warm soup and crispy bread! I’ve been making this hearty minestrone soup for years and our family really loves it. I can feel good too, knowing that this soup is full of healthy veggies, quinoa, and a delicious broth.
Warm up with a bowl of Vegetable Soup
This recipe is a hearty and healthy soup, perfect for chilly nights. The quinoa makes this a filling and extra healthy vegetable soup recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Garden Vegetable Soup
- It is loaded with healthy vegetables from your garden or grocery store.
- It has extra fiber with the added quinoa.
- This vegetable soup is more filling because of the added quinoa.
- You can easily customize this recipe to include vegetables you have one hand.
- You can substitute noodles or cooked rice if you prefer it.
- This recipe is excellent for meal prep and freezes well.
Ingredients to Make Vegetable Soup with Quinoa
- Green Peppers
- Green Beans
- Butternut Squash
- Cannellini beans (or navy/great northern beans)
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Fresh Spinach or Kale
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish
How to Make Garden Vegetable Soup with Quinoa
Heat onions, carrots, and celery in a large pot over medium heat.
Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
Add zucchini, butternut squash, and green beans.
Season with salt and pepper
Add turmeric to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and the water.
Bring your soup to a boil.
Lower the temperature to medium/low and simmer (uncovered) for about 20 minutes.
Add the quinoa, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the cover, add the spinach (or kale) and the canned beans
Add more water if needed and bring it back to a gentle boil.
Cook another 5 minutes.
Garnish with parmesan and basil.
One thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is, I’ve made it with different vegetables, various beans, and different spices. The recipe below is my favorite combination of healthy veggies and beans. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
My Apple Cherry Crumble recipe would be a delicious dessert to go with this soup!
Quinoa Vegetable Soup Recipe
Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh zucchini diced (about 1 medium or 2 small)
- 2 cups green beans – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups butternut squash diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 7 cups water
- 1 15- ounce can of cannellini beans
- 1 15- ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups spinach or kale remove stems first
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese, grated – garnish
- Fresh basil – garnish
- Heat oil, onion, carrots, celery, and green peppers in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, butternut squash, and green beans.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add turmeric to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and the water.
- Bring your soup to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to medium/low and simmer (uncovered) for about 20 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the spinach (or kale) and the canned beans
- Add more water if needed and bring back to a gentle boil.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan and basil.