This delicious and hearty quinoa minestrone soup full of healthy veggies! This soup is sure to warm you up and make the whole family happy.
Well, it’s March and it’s still winter. (insert side-eye from this summer-loving mama) It’s still cold and actually today, there’s snow falling. Cold days call for warm soup and crispy bread! I’ve been making this hearty quinoa minestrone soup for years and our family really loves it. I can feel good too, knowing that this soup is full of healthy veggies, quinoa, and a delicious broth.
One thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is, I’ve made it with different vegetables, various beans, and different spices. The recipe below is my favorite combination of healthy veggies and beans. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
My Apple Cherry Crumble recipe would be a delicious dessert to go with this soup!
Hearty Quinoa Minestrone Recipe
Quinoa Minestrone Soup
- 1 onion diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh zucchini diced (about 1 medium or 2 small)
- 2 cups green beans – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups butternut squash diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 7 cups water
- 1 15- ounce can of cannellini beans
- 1 15- ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups spinach or kale remove stems first
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or to taste
- Heat onions, carrots, and celery in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, butternut squash, and green beans.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add turmeric to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and the water.
- Bring your soup to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to medium/low and simmer (uncovered) for about 20 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the spinach (or kale) and the canned beans
- Add more water if needed and bring back to a gentle boil.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan and basil.