For years I’ve kept this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe a secret. It has a crispy sweet top layer and is perfectly moist inside. I love to bake several loaves and give them away to neighbors and friends at the holidays. The sour cream is the secret ingredient!
While we lived in Northern Ireland I had a cute little table at our monthly craft fair and sold sweet bread loaves. I sold out every month. They were popular! It is my go-to recipe when I’m asked to bring a snack to an event and today I’m sharing this top-secret recipe with you.
I hope you enjoy our favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe as much as we do. If you whip up a loaf I’d love to hear how it turned out, leave me a comment below!
Banana Creme Bread
- 2/3 c. oil
- 1 1/2 c. raw sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 c. unbleached bread flour I’ve used all purpose before too
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 c. chocolate chips or more… yes, more!
- 1 c. Chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and sea salt. Mix until smooth
- Add flour and baking soda. Just until blended. (Don’t over mix)
- Fold in nuts (optional)
- Pour into greased pans (2 large or 3-4 small)
- Sprinkle with raw sugar and bake 40 – 60 minutes
- Store in the refrigerator – Enjoy!!
September 29, 2020
August 21, 2020
February 14, 2019