Whether you’re looking for a delicious breakfast treat or a comforting dessert, this banana nut chocolate chip bread recipe made with sour cream is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. So why not try baking a loaf today and see for yourself how amazing it tastes?
Adding sour cream to a banana nut chocolate chip bread recipe is a game-changer! The sour cream adds a tangy and creamy flavor to the bread, while also keeping it incredibly moist and tender. The
The ripe bananas give the bread a sweet and fruity flavor, while the chopped walnuts add a satisfying crunch and nuttiness. The chocolate chips give the bread an indulgent touch, making it perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. It’s a great banana bread recipe without butter
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE banana nut chocolate chip bread
- Oil – You can use vegetable, canola, or coconut oil. You can also substitute apple sauce if you are avoiding oils.
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar or raw sugar.
- Eggs – Room temperature is always best when baking.
- Bananas – Super ripe bananas are what you want for this recipe.
- Sour cream – You can also substitute plain Greek yogurt. This is the key to having moist banana bread!
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea salt
- All-purpose flour – You can use half whole wheat half all-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips, optional – I love using dark chocolate chips but you can also use caramel chips if you want to try something new!
- Chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Bread with Sour Cream
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 325°F.
STEP 2: Mash your ripe bananas very well. It’s ok if there are some lumps.
STEP 3: Add oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream, bananas, vanilla, and salt. Mix until smooth.
STEP 4: Add flour and baking soda.
STEP 5: Mix until just blended.
Be sure not to over-mix – this is key to keeping the muffins tender and soft.
STEP 6: Fold in nuts and/or chocolate chips if you are adding them.
STEP 7: Pour into lined muffin pans.
STEP 8: Sprinkle with raw sugar.
STEP 9: Bake for 20-25 minutes
I like to store my banana bread in the fridge or freezer. I like to wrap them in plastic wrap and then store in a ziplock bag to keep them fresh.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Cherry Apple Crumble
- Blueberry Scones
- Mini Quiche with Quinoa
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
I hope you enjoy our favorite Chocolate Chip Banana nut Bread recipe as much as we do. If you whip up a loaf I’d love to hear how it turned out, leave me a comment below!
Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2/3 c. oil
- 1 1/2 c. raw sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 c. unbleached bread flour I’ve used all purpose before too
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 c. chocolate chips or more… yes, more!
- 1 c. Chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and sea salt. Mix until smooth
- Add flour and baking soda. Just until blended. (Don’t over mix)
- Fold in chocolate chips and optional nuts
- Pour into greased pans (2 large or 3-4 small)
- Sprinkle with raw sugar and bake 40 – 60 minutes
- Store in the refrigerator – Enjoy!!
Storing your Banana nut chocolate chip bread.These muffins are best stored in the fridge or freezer. I like to wrap them up individually and put them in the freezer.
Substitutions for Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe:You can substitute canola, coconut, or another oil if needed. You can also use apple sauce instead of oil if you are looking for a healthy option. Chocolate chips and Walnuts are optional – be creative and try caramel or butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or berries instead. This recipe can be easily made into banana nut muffins if you prefer muffins.
[sp_index cat=”dessert-recipes” ]
Leave a Reply