This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is easy to make, full of Asian flavors and great for a low carb diet! If you’re looking for a new healthy recipe to add to your weekly meal plan, this is one of our favorites. If you love Asian flavors, this keto eggroll in a bowl recipe will give you all the flavor of a delicious egg roll without the carbs!
A Healthy Egg Roll Alternative
Today I’m sharing another family favorite dinner recipe… Egg Roll in a Bowl!
If you’re looking for an easy homemade Asian inspired meal, I have the recipe for you. We’ve had it dozens of times and tweaked it to make it perfect for our family. This is a really money-saving meal as the inexpensive cabbage really bulks up the recipe!
This recipe is low-carb and Keto friendly and full of flavor! Our kids even love this recipe, it is one of their favorite dinner!
I usually buy ground pork (it has the best flavor for this recipe) Sometimes I use ground turkey instead when it’s on sale. The recipe also calls for sesame oil and I highly recommend that you run out and buy some just for this recipe, it is the KEY to the authentic flavor! You can use soy sauce or Coconut Aminos if you have a gluten intolerance.
Veggies to add to your Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe
Sometimes you want to add more veggies to make this recipe even healthier
- Bean sprouts
- More cabbage – Mix in other varieties like Bok Choy, Choy Sum, Napa Cabbage, Savoy Cabbage, or other varieties.
- Snow peas
- Broccoli or Broccolini
- Red Peppers
- Water chestnuts
- Mini corn
Short on time but still want to make Egg Roll in a Bowl?
- Buy bagged shredded cabbage
- Buy shredded carrots
- Use garlic and ginger in a tube – this stuff is a staple in my fridge. I love being able to add flavor to recipes with just a quick squeeze. It is really affordable at Walmart – You can add it to your Walmart Grocery Order (Save $10 using my special link here.)
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl?
This recipe is perfect for anyone following a low carb or Keto diet. Full of healthy veggies and delicious Asian flavors will make this a quick favorite keto recipe in your home! Better yet, you can make this dinner in less than 30 minutes, so it’s a perfect weekday meal to add to your menu!
I hope you enjoy our Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe as much as we do!
Egg Roll in a Bowl – Low Carb
- 2-3 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 6 cups Finely sliced cabbage (1 medium head)
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 each Cloves garlic minced
- 2 each Green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh minced ginger (or powdered)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- Sriracha (optional topping)
- Sliced green onions (optional topping)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground pork in a large frying pan until fully cooked
- Add in onions (not green onions) and sesame oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Add to pan.
- Add sliced cabbage and carrots and stir.
- Cook for several minutes until the cabbage gets soft.
- Turn off heat and add salt and pepper as needed
- Sprinkle sriracha if you like some heat