Meal planning is one of my best sanity savers. Planning out a month’s worth of meals ahead of time has simplified our grocery shopping and made dinner time a breeze. This month our menu is filled with soups, stews, and other cozy meals that we love. As I share our monthly meal plans you’ll notice that we have family favorites like taco salad, pasta, and curries that we always enjoy. I hope that you’ll be inspired to try monthly meal planning and you might even find a few new recipes to try.
What about Breakfast and Lunch?
I don’t plan our breakfasts and lunches. Our children are 12 and 14 and are pretty independent with these meals. I just make sure we have basic supplies on hand so they can help themselves.
Breakfast basics we keep on hand:
- Cottage Cheese
Hot breakfast meals I like to make occasionally:
Lunch basics we keep on hand:
- Lettuce and tomatoes
- Bread and wraps
- Tuna salad
- Chicken Salad
- Egg Salad
- Raman (if you have teens you probably have Raman Noodles in your house)
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Cut Vegetables and dip
Monthly Meal Plan for January 2021
I often write my monthly meal plan in my Erin Condren Daily Duo Planner. I like to have it with me throughout the month. I also write our weekly menu on a weekly sheet that I hang in our kitchen.
New to Monthly Meal Planning? Be sure to check out my Monthly Meal Planning Workbook. USE “MEALPLAN50” to save 50% off and pay just $4 for my workbook! It will help you get started with Monthly meal planning and comes with printables to help you get organized.
- White Bean Sausage and Kale Soup
- Curried Lentils with Broccoli and Rice (optional: Cauliflower Rice)
- Beans and Rice Bowls (optional: Cauliflower Rice)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch with Mashed Potatoes/Cauliflower
- Taco Salad ( 3 times )
- Chef Salad with Ham, Turkey, Hard Boiled Eggs and cheese
- Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies
- Pork Tenderloins with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Potatoes
- Vegetable Korma with Rice (optional: Cauliflower Rice) and Naan Bread
- Sausage Lentil Skillet
- Quinoa minestrone with fresh bread
- Stuffed Peppers with Riced Cauliflower and Salad
- Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Meal with Mexican Rice (optional: Cauliflower Rice)
- Spaghetti & Zoodles with Salad & Garlic Knots
- Honey Butter Salmon with Rice and roasted veggies
- Red Thai Chicken Curry with Rice (optional: Cauliflower Rice)
- Chili with Cornbread
- Pizza Night ( 2 times ) with cut veggies and dip
- Breakfast for Dinner (Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, and Fruit.)
- Brunswick Stew with fresh Bread
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Salad and cut Veggies
- Rotisserie Chicken with Au Gratin Potatoes and Green Beans
- Pesto Pasta with Salad and Garlic knots
- Leftover Nights
- 1 Date Night (Kids will have pizza or Mac and Cheese)
- 1 Night Family Eating Out
Have you ever tried Monthly Meal Planning? I hope this gives you some inspiration when planning your meals this month.