We did it, we made it through one of the busiest months. Our September was full of birthday celebrations and back-to-school prep. Now that we’re in October I can look forward to the holidays around the corner and start adding my favorite comfort foods into our monthly menu.
Last month I updated my Monthly Meal Planning Workbook. It has several new printable meal planning worksheets and a new cleaner design. You can find out all about the workbook here: Monthly Meal Planning Workbook.
Keeping our Breakfasts and Lunches simple
I’m in a stage where I don’t need to plan much for breakfasts and lunches. Our children are 12 and 14 and are pretty independent with these meals. I just make sure we have basic supplies on hand so they can help themselves. In the summer I need to really keep some extra food on hand, especially for the 12-year-old; he is growing so fast and eats 5 meals a day!
We like to keep breakfast basics on hand like eggs, toast, pancake mix, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, and berries.
Hot breakfast meals I like to make occasionally:
- Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Bread
- French Toast (We love this pumpkin french toast too!)
Lunch basics we keep on hand:
During the school year, the kids eat at school and I use ideas from my School Lunch Idea List HERE.
I do keep some basic lunch items on hand like lunchmeat, cheeses, bread or wraps, chicken salad, tuna salad, hardboiled eggs, soups, and frozen pizzas.
September Meal Plan
- Taco Salad
- Honey Chicken with Broccoli
- Spaghetti with meatballs, salad, and garlic bread
- Chicken Sausage with potatoes and roasted broccoli
- Rice Bowls with black beans
- Pork tenderloin with rice and corn
- Chili with corn bread
- Baked potato bar with leftover chili
- Beef tips with mashed potatoes
- Taco Soup
- Thai Red Curry with Chicken, recipe from AverieCooks.com – with rice and broccoli
- Etoufee over rice
- Sheet pan fajitas with rice
- Spaghetti with broccoli and garlic bread
- Mississippi Chicken over noodles and peas
- Creamy chicken broccoli casserole
- Pulled Pork sanwiches (save left over pork for Brunswick stew)
- Ham and potato Soup
- Night 1 Cabin trip
- Tacos / Walking tacos
- Night 2 Cabin trip
- Brunswick Stew
- Pizza Nights 3x
- Date Night
- Left over nights 4x
- Dinner with family 2x
If you are looking for more Meal Planning Inspiration you can see all of my Monthly meal plans here.
Leave a Reply