If you are looking for a delicious sauce to top your fish or chicken tacos, salad, or rice bowls; You’ll love this delicious cilantro lime crema taco sauce recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Cilantro Lime Sauce Recipe
- It’s full of flavor!
- The sauce makes everything better!
- It is our favorite topping for our Baja Fish Taco Recipe.
- It’s a versatile sauce recipe and great for tacos, rice bowls, and salads.
Ingredients to Make Cilantro Lime Crema
You can use sour cream if you don’t have any mayonnaise.
You can also substitute Greek yogurt if you prefer.
You can use fresh lime juice or bottled. I prefer to use bottled only because it is easier to have on hand.
You can also substitute Sambal Oelek a ground fresh chili paste if you can find it. Ketchup & Frank’s Red Hot or Mexican Hot Sauce are other great substitutes.
Garlic powder, Salt, Black pepper, Cumin, and Cayenne
Cilantro leaves, minced
Fresh cilantro is always best but I have also used cilantro paste found in the produce section.
I usually buy a can of chipotles in adobo and just use the sauce. There are a few substitutes for Adobo Sauce if you need them, tabasco Chipotle hot sauce, ranchero sauce, chili garlic sauce, or ancho chile paste. You can also make your own Adobo sauce with chili powder, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and herbs
Honey or Agave
Whichever you have on hand is great!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
This Baja Cream Sauce is so delicious! It only takes a few minutes to mix this sauce up and it stores great in the fridge for up to a week.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and sriracha sauce.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cover and chill
How to Store Your Sauce
This sauce is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can store it in a covered bowl but I recommend using glass mason jars or a squeeze bottle like this one.
Using this Cilantro and Lime Sauce for Tacos
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and sriracha sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- You can use sour cream if you don’t have any mayonnaise.
- Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream.
- I usually buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo and just use the sauce.
Baja taco sauce is a tangy and slightly spicy sauce. The lime adds a delicious tang and you can adjust the spice if you prefer it hotter.
This Baja Taco Sauce recipe is not very spicy but you can add more sriracha sauce to make it spicier.
You can store this sauce in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge.