These banana nut muffins are soft, moist, and easy to make. They require just about 35 minutes to mix and bake so you can be eating deliciously soft banana nut muffins in no time!
I used to have lots of time to bake but as life got busy, I spent less time in the kitchen. Thankfully these banana nut muffins are quick and easy to make. I love having baked goods on hand, especially during busy seasons.
These banana walnut muffins hold up great in the freezer and are great to grab on a busy morning or put in your child’s lunch box.
What do you need to make the best banana nut muffins?
- 2/3 cup oil – I usually use vegetable oil, but I’ve successfully substituted coconut oil as well.
- 1 cup sugar – You can use granulated white sugar or raw sugar.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas – You want your banana to be pretty brown – my photos show nice yellow bananas (because who wants to look at a smooshy brown banana!) but you should use very ripe quite brown bananas.
- 1/2 cup sour cream – You can substitute plain greek yogurt.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour – You can use half whole wheat half all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional – these are also delicious with caramel chips!!
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
To make this sour cream banana nut muffin recipe
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 325°F.
STEP 2: Mash your ripe bananas well.
It’s ok to leave some small chunks.
STEP 3: Add oil, sugar, eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
STEP 4: Add flour and baking soda.
STEP 5: Just until blended.
Be sure not to over-mix – this is key to keeping the muffins tender and soft.
STEP 6: Fold in nuts and/or chocolate chips if you are adding them.
STEP 7: Pour into lined muffin pans.
STEP 8: Sprinkle with raw sugar.
STEP 9: Bake 20-25 minutes
These muffins are best stored in the fridge or freezer. I like to wrap them up individually and put them in the freezer.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Get the full Banana Nut Muffin recipe below:
Banana Nut Muffins with Sour Cream
- 2/3 c. oil
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. all purpose flour You can also use half whole wheat half all-purpose
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 c. chocolate chips optional
- 1 c. Chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Spray or line muffin tins.
- Mash ripe bananas well.
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and sea salt.
- Mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Mix just until blended.
- Fold in optional nuts and/or chocolate chips
- Pour into lined muffin pans (2 large pans or 3-4 small)
- Sprinkle with raw sugar
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes
Leave a Reply