Years ago, when we lived in the little farmhouse, we had a huge garden that fed us all summer. We loved having fresh tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs but it was a lot of work! This year we are looking forward to planting a few vegetables on our deck in small containers. It will be nice to have vine-ripe tomatoes all summer long.
When my daughter was in 3rd grade I was able to make one of my favorite summer recipes, Tomato and Feta Greek Dip. Our daughter’s class had a play at school, “Zeus’ Family Reunion”. The play was a cute little comedy about a family reunion with all of the Greek Gods. Claire played Ares, the god of discord, and played her part well. After the play, the students and parents returned to the classroom for a Greek feast.
The greek feast was full of delicious traditional and non-traditional greek treats. I was asked to bring something and I knew my Greek dip would be a great fit. I love how quick and easy this recipe comes together and it was a huge hit at the event.
Simple Greek Dip Recipe
The Tomato Feta Greek Dip recipe was perfect for this feast. It is one of my go-to appetizer recipes because it takes only 5 ingredients and you can put it together in no time!
This dip is not only a great appetizer but we’ve used it on top of Grilled Chicken, in chicken wraps and on top of pasta! Sometimes it only takes a few simple ingredients and the right spices to make the most delicious recipe.
Tomato and Feta Greek Dip Recipe
- Olive oil
- 1 block of feta cheese crumbled.
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes diced.
- 1 handful of green onions diced.
- Greek Seasoning or a mix or oregano, thyme, basil, marjoram, dried minced onion and dried minced garlic.
- 1 crusty french baguette or tortilla chips.
- A large flat bowl plate with high sides or platter.
- Coat the bottom of the dish generously with olive oil.
- Mix the diced green onions and tomatoes. Add the crumbled feta and greek seasoning. Mix gently. Pour over the oil in your serving dish.
- This dish is best when it has had time to sit, room temperature is fine for about 1 hour or you can store it in the fridge until it is time to serve.
- Serve with sliced baguette or tortilla chips.
I would love to hear if you try this recipe. There are so many ways you can change it up to make it your own. Be sure to leave me a comment and tell me what you think.