This week was begging for a slow cooker meal. It was busy, busy, busy! I’m so thankful for my slow cooker during these busy weeks. I decided on this simple crock-pot roast. It’s so nice to just put in a few ingredients and in just a few hours, have a delicious home-cooked meal ready to go!
5 Ingredient Roast Recipe
This roast recipe only calls for 4 ingredients, ok, 5 including water. This recipe is so simple!
- Beef Roast – Chuck Roast is great for this recipe
- Garlic Herb Dressing Mix Packet (or any other dressing mix)
- Ranch Dressing Mix Packet
- Beef Gravy Mix Packet
I love to use a chuck roast, it is a nice marbled piece of beef. It’s not too expensive and it turns out great in the crockpot! You can also use top roast or bottom round roast but the chuck roast is so nice!
How to make a roast in the crock-pot
Simple Crock-Pot Roast
- 1.5 – 2.5 lbs Beef chuck roast
- 1 packet Garlic Herb Dressing mix You can also substitute Italian
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 packet Beef Gravy mix
- 1½ cups Water
- In a small bowl, mix the water and add the 3 seasoning packets.
- Grease your crockpot. I used olive oil.
- Place your beef in the crockpot and cover with the seasoning mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
When life is busy we all need a fast dinner and it doesn’t always have to be mac-n-cheese! I’d love to hear what you think if you try this recipe.
Leave a Reply