Today we’re going to focus on our family – especially the kids.
Our daughter often asks to “do something like a family, together” She is six. She craves to be with her family. While our children are young we should be soaking up every minute with them. Creating memories for them and watching them be children, running, playing, and having fun. It’s much too easy to get busy with all of the Christmas responsibilities we have and forget to create special moments with our little ones.
What fun activities can you plan now to be sure that the next few weeks are filled up with fun for your whole family?
Here are a few ideas to get you started planning a fun Christmas:
- Bake together
- Decorate the tree as a family
- Have the kids make a new ornament for the Christmas tree. This one from is cute!!
- Pop some popcorn and watch a favorite Christmas movie.
- Go to a local school holiday concert
- Find a live nativity near you
- Bake cookies and deliver them to service workers, nursing homes or a local shelter
- One year we bought kids hot cocoa and delivered it to the Salvation Army bell ringers! (it was so fun!)
- Go on late night pajama drive to see the Christmas lights
- Bring the Neighbors cookies
- Have a Snowman party: tons of great ideas here
- Go caroling at a local nursing home
- Have the kids make Christmas Cards for family members and friends
- Have a cookie decorating party
- Have a cookie exchange
- Have a holiday tea
Here are a few fun festive printable’s your kid might like:
Spell Out Loud has great printable activities for your family here:
Snowman Printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler