Starting Balance: $196.23
Apples for making applesauce: $15.45
Weekly Groceries: $65.14
Total Spent: $80.59
Target: $12.00 – Sheets and pillow for Claire’s bed. Fan on clearance $1.97 ( Claire had been waking up every 1/2 hour – 3 days in a row! we needed some “white noise for her room and we thought making her bed more comfortable would help – IT DID!
Lowes: $ 22.09 – Weatherproofing for the windows, knobs for a dresser I repainted.
Burger King – $7.00 – I have no excuse for this!
Total Spent: $ $41.00
Grand Total: 121.59
What I’ve learned this week
- I have to bring snacks with us when we go out. We were heading to a doctors appointment and were about 1/2 hour early. I realized when I was driving there that I forgot to eat breakfast and was STARVING! Claire was demanding snacks and I had nothing to offer. I was NOT PREPARED! Burger King happened to be on our way and I threw away my self control and got in the drive-thru. I am not proud…
- We should budget for yearly house maintenance like weatherproofing. We rent our house but we have found that it gets very drafty in the house in the winter. We decided that we needed to weatherproof the windows to try to save some money this season. It was not expected, therefore it took a chunk out of our month’s budget!
- Some things can wait: I did not have to buy the knobs for the dresser I’m repainting, that could have waited a few weeks. I also could have waited a few weeks for the weatherproofing stuff. I need to learn to be patient and really evaluate the need to know if it’s an immediate need or if it can wait.
- Somethings can’t be planned– Claire has been having a really hard time sleeping this past week. Finally after 3 days of very little to no sleep, I decided to try something. I picked up a cheap pillow and sheet set at Target and tried to make her feel like her bed was now a “big girl” bed. It worked! We also ran out of infant tylenol and Caleb decided to cut 2 more teeth this week…
- I will be staying home much more– I feel like we blew it this week and now we’ll have to pay the price for the rest of the month. I’ll be spending most of my days at home next week. Canning applesauce and apple pie filling. I have plenty of groceries and don’t plan on spending much money on groceries for the rest of the month. We’ll have to get very creative to meet our goal!
This is tough, but I really know why we’re doing it! Let’s see if I can make $74.00 stretch 3 weeks!! WOW!