Our “junk drawer” was out of control, so I decided to do something about it.
I sorted everything into piles.
- Garbage – I threw away any garbage or anything that was broken and was not going to be fixed.
- Office supplies – I had a huge pile of pens, post-its and other office supplies that I moved into the office where they belonged
- Basement – I could have just called this “hubby’s pile” There were at least 6 screwdrivers, random nails, screws, brackets, tape, and other home improvement items in the drawer that I did not need there. They went in a box for hubby to sort later.
- To Fix – I created a little shoebox that I can put toys or other items that need to be repaired. Now when hubby has a few minutes free he can grab the box and fix something!
- Put away – This is the big clear bin in the photo below. This was a scary pile. Crayons, toys, craft supplies, shampoo samples, bug spray, the pile was very random.
So much better! I’m even thinking about switching this drawer with a smaller one and downsizing my junk drawer even more!
Do you have a space in your home that you NEED to clean out? This took me just 20 minutes!