In our homeschool this week…
Yes, we started school in June! Luckily our daughter loves school and doesn’t have the concept of summer vacation yet so she is thrilled. We are using My Father’s World for Kindergarten this year. We are also adding several different curriculums throughout the year. We will be adding Math, Handwriting, Art and more Bible. We plan on using Math U See, GrapeVine Studies and Artistic Pursuits. Because this is our first year, we will be learning Claire’s learning style, what she enjoys, and what her natural gifts are, so we expect to be very flexible.
Some Highlights From our Homeschool Days:
- Our good morning song! It’s a great way to get their attention in the morning and get things going.
- Holding the American Flag for our Pledge. The kids take turns holding the flag and are very proud when it is their turn
- ‘Craft time’ – We have been creating a drawing for each day of creation and yesterday we decided to do watercolor painting. Both kids loved it.
- Field Trip – Yesterday was our first official field trip, we went to a local event called “Farm Days” the kids were able to learn about different farm animals, pet a calf, goat, sheet and my very favorite – – Alpaca! We also spent some time at the Home Safety Table where Claire could practice calling 911 and answering the operators questions.
- Caleb, our 3 year old sat through the lessons every single day. He did the work right along side his sister and had so much fun.
- Claire and Caleb both started Grapevine Studies. Grapevine Studies is a bible curriculum where you teach your children the bible using stick figures, they just LOVE it!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This weekend we’re headed to a wedding, which for a couple with kids, is just as good as a date night. We will be celebrating Father’s Day with my in-laws and enjoy a nice steak dinner (meat and potatoes for my man!). We are especially looking forward to my brother’s visit next weekend. The kids just ADORE him.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Ready for a super cute video? We made this video for my brother (Uncle Danny’s) birthday this week. So so fun!!
I’m doing the Bible in 90 Days this summer. I’m a few days behind but I hope to catch up this weekend. It has been a great experience and I’m learning so much.
I’m also reading Submerged, by Dani Pettrey. Dani is one of my clients and I’m loving her book. I’m thrilled that she is currently on the Top 10 Romance Novels at Christianbook.com, PLUS Submerged is a best seller on Christian Book Expo and was on May’s best seller list at Lifeway at #6!! I’m thrilled for her!
So there it is, our very FIRST homeschooling week! Today I’m also linking up with The Homeschool Mother’s Journal!