Technology

Not feeling the Luv? The downside to the CommentLuv Plugin

Before I started blogging I was a devoted blog reader; I subscribed to dozens of blogs.  I was an avid Pioneer Woman follower and I was clipping coupons with Money Saving Mom.  I also learned to love the CommentLuv Plugin.  As a blog reader I would always click on someone’s link if the title interested me. It was how I found some of my favorite blogs.   As a blogger I love using CommentLuv to promote my blog.

Unfortunately despite the simplicity of CommentLuv there is one caveat: In order for CommentLuv to work, you MUST enter the http:// before your site’s URL.   If you forget, CommentLuv will not link up your post!

When I learned about this I was disappointed because sadly, I too, have often forgotten to put the http:// before my url.  This means I have lost a number of opportunities to share recent posts and introduce possible new readers to my blog.  I still love CommentLuv, I just can’t believe that I didn’t realize this earlier!

So today’s lesson is:

Don’t forget the http://

You Might Also Like

• Audra
    June 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Wow – I didn’t know that! Boy, I’ve missed out a bunch!

• Donna
      June 29, 2011 at 6:22 am

I’m in the same boat, I didn’t know about this for a long time – finally figured it out!

• Rebekah from Simply Rebekah
    June 28, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten frustrated over the comment luv not showing up!!!

• Lindsay @ Laughing Lindsay
    June 28, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Hmm… I didn’t know this. Thank you for the head’s up. 😀

• Donna
      June 29, 2011 at 6:27 am

Thanks for stopping by Lindsay! Now I just need to get used to not typing www. first, which I am so used to doing!

• Greg
    July 5, 2011 at 11:59 am

This is a very common mistake with first time commentluv users. How do I know? I was one of those who also made this mistake at first.

• karlen chile
    July 7, 2013 at 2:17 am

Social Media Update Post Strategies: Everybody wants to know what to post on Facebook, what to Tweet about, or what to leak out to your network on LinkedIn. There are 5 main posting strategies that I go by and teach as part of my Social Media Strategy & Review. Each type has a best practice involved, delivers a unique end result, and is used for different reasons.

The One Facebook Application You Can’t Go Without:Facebook can be super simple or outrageously over the top. Some companies have opted not to use all of the features available such as custom applications. I believe more often than not this is the result of not knowing how over not wanting to because, why wouldn’t you want to? If nothing else, I do suggest to all to have your website imported to Facebook using one of these custom applications and here are 4 reasons why.

What you need to know about Facebook business page categories: Are you considering putting your business on Facebook? Congratulations, yes, that is where your clients and prospects are. You may ask, “where do I start?” and that is what I am going to help you with right now.

• Marty
    February 4, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Yeah, Commentluv is a bit of a double edged sword sometimes, but this tidbit was very useful, thank you so much for sharing. 🙂