THIS was our “junk drawer”
It was out of control, so I decided to do something about it.
I sorted everything into piles.
1. Garbage – I threw away any garbage or anything that was broken and was not going to be fixed.
2. Office supplies – I had a huge piles of pens, postits and other office supplies that I moved into the office where they belonged
3. Basement – I could have just called this “hubbys pile” There were at least 6 screwdrivers, random nails, screws, brackets, tape and other home improvement items in the drawer that I did not need there. They went in a box for hubby to sort later.
4. To Fix – I created a little shoe box that I can put toys or other items that need to be repaired. Now when hubby has a few minutes free he can grab the box and fix something!
5. Put away – This is the big clear bin in the photo below. This was a scary pile. Crayons, toys, craft supplies, shampoo samples, bugspray, the pile was very random.
So much better! I’m even thinking about switching this drawer with a smaller one and downsizing my junk drawer even more!
Do you have a space in your home that you NEED to clean out? This took me just 1/2 hour!