We just arrived home from a short little trip to visit family and friends out of the state. Unfortunately we had to leave 2 days early because we caught an awful stomach virus which was pretty rough. We made it home last night and I’ve been spending most of my time sleeping and hoping that this bug goes away quickly.
During the 5 hour drive I was able to listen to a bunch of great podcast’s (did I mention how much I’m loving my IPod). I came across a great podcast done by a couple who are digging out of debt. (more on this later!) It was incredibly encouraging! I came home, although sick as a dog, with a renewed focus on getting OUT OF DEBT!
So… what else did I learn this week:
- Traveling with 2 toddlers by myself isn’t really that bad.
- Packing clothes in laundry baskets was a great idea!
- Bringing books to read is a joke! I never have time to read!
- My Ipod was be a life saver. Instead of listening to Dora the Explorer a hundred times I can enjoy podcast’s and audiobooks!
- I always pack too much food (what do I think, people won’t feed us?!?!)
- I never have enough time to see everyone.
- I have the BEST friends!! I’m pretty sure they still love me even though we may have passed this stomach bug to everyone we saw. **sorry girls
- If you head up north hoping to see snow, don’t be discouraged when it snows 22 inches back at home and does NOT snow where you are headed.
- There’s no place like home