Valentines day is right around the corner.
Is anyone out there worried? Worried that your husband didn’t plan anything spectacular. No dreamy, romantic, candlelit dinner, no flowers, no chocolates. Cheer up! I have a great solution for you!!
Why don’t you plan Valentines day??
1. Get a babysitter (overnight if possible)
2. Keep it simple… come on girls, we know what guys want on Valentines day, I’m not afraid to say it… no… I am afraid to say it, I think my mother in law read this blog occasionally. You know what I’m getting at. I’m not saying that you can’t plan a beautiful dinner, dress up and romance your hubby. Please do all those things if you’d like, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.
3. Take time for yourself… Valentines is a great excuse to dress up, shave those legs that have been hiding in jeans all winter, paint your toe nails and put on makeup. I think most husbands (ok, maybe just mine) would say that I don’t take the time to get dolled up anymore. I just don’t have the time. Usually I can mange to pull all the cheerios out of my hair just in time to give Kevin a kiss when he walks in the door.
4. Feed the man. The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. This IS true. Steak is usually on the menu when I’m planning a special dinner. He’s a steak and potatoes guy. It makes him happy!
5. Plan what HE likes. Selflessness is the biggest challenge in most marriages. We may want the chocolate, flowers, diamonds… what does he want? What would he love. A small gift? A delicious meal? A movie night? Or something else (refer to #2 for another idea).
6. Reap the rewards. When we bless our husbands usually those blessings come right back to us. There is a saying “a happy wife is a happy life” I think that works both ways.
How do you celebrate Valentines Day? What are you going to do this year?