Crafts/ Home and Family

Wall art for the Living Room – Take 2

DIY Day @ ASPTL

A while back I worked on some art for our living room. I shared the outcome over at the inspired room for the Project Procrastinator’s Party a while back. Today I’m joining everyone over at A Soft Place to Land DIY day.

I was really happy how it originally came out. You can read all about it here.

Unfortunately we had a week of super humid weather and the 3M Command Hooks did NOT hold up.The pictures started to fall off the wall! I came home one afternoon to find 1 picture “gone” later that afternoon another 3 pictures had fallen behind the couch. After cleaning up all the broken glass we decided to re-do the wall. I purchased these frames at Target on clearance for about $2 each! They were a much better fit for our living room and much better quality. This time we decided to do it the right way, with nails!

My dear friend Shannon gave me these beautiful postcards and I thought they would be perfect to add to the botanical prints that I found online.

These can be purchased at Anthropologie, Barnes and Noble and Papyrus! (three of my favorite stores!)

Image: Cavallini Paper & Co.

So after about an hour of measuring, leveling, disputing, remeasuring, and hanging up all the prints we were finally done. We could not be happier with the outcome.

I think adding a third row really helps to fill up the space.

What do you think? Leave me a comment!

You Might Also Like

• Cheryl
    July 8, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Stopping by from Kimba’s…they look great!

• Jane
    July 9, 2009 at 1:52 am

While I am super disappointed in the Command Strips! Shame on them! I do like the new arrangement better. The postcards are the perfect compliment to the pictures you had.

• Kara
    July 9, 2009 at 8:30 am

Also coming from Kimba’s…. The same thing happened to me with the 3M strips! But I really like the three rows, so I guess it was a good thing! Very pretty!

• Amy at The Red Chair Blog
    July 9, 2009 at 8:45 am

These look great! Love the new frames and the scale of the larger arrangement on your wall. I always love anything made by Cavallini Paper Company (in the past, I’ve blogged about using their beautiful calendars as art).

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. I understand exactly what you mean about making the ties longer (you can maybe even have them attach to the top seam of the pillow instead of the back?) Have fun with your project!

Amy
    .-= Amy at The Red Chair Blog´s last blog ..DIY Hammock Pillow Tutorial =-.

• stephanie
    July 9, 2009 at 11:36 am

I think they turned out great!! Love it!

• kristi
    July 9, 2009 at 3:04 pm

What a great idea! They look incredible together.

• Sandy
    July 9, 2009 at 10:14 pm

I love the new look. Birds and botanicals are a great look together.
    Sandy

• Marci@OvercomingBusy
    July 10, 2009 at 12:25 am

Those pictures look great! I have always liked those botanical prints, but they were always too small to hang where I wanted them. I never thought of hanging that many together…love it!!

• Christina
    July 10, 2009 at 9:57 am

Looks fantastic. I love the third row-makes it go from good to really great. Interesting about the 3M hooks.

• melissa@afamiliarpath
    July 11, 2009 at 12:25 am

those are beautiful!
    .-= melissa@afamiliarpath´s last blog ..10 Things that happened this week =-.

• Marie
    July 12, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Love the arrangement of prints on your wall! They look fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,