Crafts/ Home and Family/ Other Things

Project Procrastinators Party: Our Family Photo Gallery Wall

I have to admit that I’m still not done, not nearly done!

Here are the Before pictures of our “Family Wall” :

And here is the “After” so far…

I still have to find and frame a few more photos. I also want to get better shots of the kids and buy more of the nicer black frames.  What do you think so far – I’d love any feedback or advice!

I have been busy with frames all day today – I also worked on a project for over our couch. I love it so far! I got the idea from My Sweet Savannah. I’ve recently fallen in love with botanical art and was having the hardest time finding any prints or framed prints for a decent price. In her recent post Melanie explains how she created her beautiful wall of botanical art. It’s so simple and looks so good.

Here is my wall:

I think I need to bump them all up and then add a third row. What do you think?

Leave me a comment!

You Might Also Like

• AmberT
    May 14, 2009 at 4:02 pm

I love your family photo wall, I have plans to do the same thing 😉
    The botanical art looks great too- it looks like you could even add a third row in underneath without having to move the others? Great job on your projects!

• Nicole @ BugaBoos Creations
    May 14, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I love it and it looks fabulous! I like it as is or with another row would be beautiful too! Either way it looks Great!! Love the picture wall!!!

• Michele
    May 14, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Hello! I came over from Simple Mom, I saw your comment today. I fell off that same wagon about a week ago. I just have too much going on but I plan to start up where I left off after a yard sale next weekend (it will help with the serious clutter after we get rid of stuff!). I hope this helps to get you started again. Don’t let the panic and disappointment get in your way! 🙂 We can still do it in our timing… as long as it gets done. Also, I love the idea of your family wall. It looks great so far!

• Michelle
    May 14, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Love both walls, I want to do something like that in my living room maybe you will be the kick in the butt that I need, I would add another row but I’m not sure you have to raise them….

• Kim
    May 14, 2009 at 8:03 pm

The family wall is coming together quite nicely. I mostly get my frames from the thrift store or dollar store & spray paint them white or black. I’m a frameaholic. I have tons of frames but most of them are empty. I would do a third row of botanical prints. Then move the candle sconces a little closer to the framed prints. That is what I would do, but what do I know? Do what makes you feel good or makes you happy.

• Sharon
    May 14, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Hi! Your wall looks great (love the paint colour too btw)! I fell in love with botanical prints a few years ago and had the same issue with availability and price as you did. I managed to get some really gorgeous prints from a calendar that just happened to fit perfectly into Ikea frames complete with mattboard. I bought 5 frames for $30 each and the calender was only about $12 – bargain! I’ve had them up for about 2 years and still love them.

• kris.t.hunt
    May 15, 2009 at 12:38 am

I want to do the same thing at my house…someday! The only advice I can give is that I outline my frames on newspaper and cut them out, then poke a hole through the paper where the nail needs to be and then put the paper on the wall first, use it to pound my nail and then hang my picture. This way, you can get the spacing right, get it straight, etc. because you can easily move it around. By the looks of your wall, course, you seem to know this already! Looks great and I love the word art.
    ps–I would do a third row! =)

• Carla
    May 15, 2009 at 12:40 am

Love the family wall idea. I’d say bump the botanical prints just a tad and add another row.

• admin
    May 15, 2009 at 8:22 am

Thanks everyone for all the comments! I’ll be making a run to the Dollar Tree to pick up 3 more frames so I can add a 3rd row. Thanks for all the tips and advice.

I wanted to share how I hung up the photos I used Command removable hooks to hang up the photos because we have plaster walls and I’m always afraid I’ll make a big mess of it when hammering in nails!

Kris – love your idea to use newspaper! I’ll have to try that with my next crazy photo wall project!

Michele – Thanks for the encouragement. I’m planning on finishing up most of the Spring Cleaning this weekend!

• June
    May 15, 2009 at 10:34 am

Looks really nice so far! I need to do something like that.

• Amber
    May 15, 2009 at 10:08 pm

This looks so promising. You are going to be so happy when you are done. I sometimes get a little teary eyed when I see photos of my children when they were little.

• melissa @ the inspired room
    May 16, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Removable hooks? You are so smart. I always hammer right into the plaster, then I hear all the plaster crumbling down the back of the wall.

Great job on your projects, doesn’t it feel great to have gotten started? I am really happy I did and I am motivated to finish them!

Thanks for joining in!

• admin
      May 17, 2009 at 6:44 am

Melissa, thanks for your comment – You are my 100th commenter!! (yep, I’m that new at blogging!)

I love those command removable hooks, I use them everywhere. They just came out with picture hanging strips – they are like a strong velcro, really easy to use!

• Project Procrastinators - Take 2
    July 8, 2009 at 7:57 am

[…] A while back I worked on some art for our living room. I shared the outcome over at the inspired room for the Project Procrastinator’s Party.I was really happy how it came out. You can read all about it here. […]