For the third year I’ll be heading to the Allume conference at the end of the month. It’s become my annual “mommy weekend-away” and it’s just 3 weeks away!!
I’ll be sharing a room with a woman, Ginny, that I actually know “in real life”. Years ago worked at a local Classical Christian School and she worked at the curriculum company that was associated with the school. I vividly remember chatting with her on the phone when I got engaged, chatting with her about my wedding plans, I’m sure she wasn’t all that interested in my 20-something chatter but she was always super nice and listened to me ramble anyways. This was 7-8 years ago and now I’ll be her roommate at Allume! How funny how things work out.
Spent a little “extra time” getting to know these ladies last year… read below for details…
Here’s my list:
1. I’m a social butterfly and always running around. If you see me hanging out for more than 5 minutes in one place I’m probably stopping for a coffee break.
2. Coffee + Donna = happy me.
3. I’m a night owl, I loved hanging out in the Dayspring lounge at night and chatting with friends until the wee hours…
4. I’m also an early riser – Last year I woke up early on Friday and headed to the local Starbucks to have some quite time. Quite time is really really hard to come by in our house so I savored that last year.
5. I might be moaning and groaning in the mornings, I’ve been struggling with some kind of auto immune issue that is causing me quite a bit of pain and mornings have been the worst, please feel free to ask me to stop complaining (I’ll try to keep it to myself)
6. I might not be using the elevator… after being stuck on an elevator for over an hour LAST YEAR I might take the stairs for some much needed exercise!
7. I’ve been know to talk in my sleep, it’s rare but when it happens it’s pretty funny!
8. I talk… a lot... I’ve come to terms with it and accepted it. I’m sorry. Please tell me to shut up if you want… but maybe not “shut-up” something nicer.
9. I’m a geeky, techy, virtual assistant. I love to help people but I’ve been so overwhelmed lately I’m learning to say “no”…. so if you ask for help with something please do not be offended if I say no… if you’re looking to hire me… well that’s another story!! Ask away!
10. I need some good Jesus time, life is crazy, very unpredictable right now and I might be crying, a lot. It’s been a really really hard year, filled with mourning and supporting friends though loss. I will accept hugs, I’ll probably need a few.
I’ve started the count down I’m excited for 3 days of bloggy talk, Jesus chatter and making new friends!
So when you see me give me a shout “Hey, Donna!!”